Monday, September 8, 2008

The "Secret Muslim"

First was the barrage of misinformation claiming that Barack Hussein Obama was a Muslim (sorry, this post has to presume that it is necessarily a bad thing to be a Muslim to even make any sense).

With a name like that, he had to be, right?

That worked so well, about 10% of Americans still believe he is Muslim.

Anyhow, once it was found that Obama attended a church led by a fiery pastor who, at times, to some people, spoke offensively, there was a whole new opportunity.

So, Obama was attacked because of his "crazy" pastor, Jeremiah Wright.

His angry, black, Christian pastor.

So that put the Muslim accusation to an end once and for all (right?). Not good enough to be JUST a Christian, he's a BAD Christian because his pastor is scary. But, at least it was agreed he was not Muslim.

And now this, the "slip of the tongue", where Obama himself mentions "my Muslim faith".

He was "corrected" by his interviewer, George Stephanopoulos. But, in the context of his words, it seemed to me that Obama was speaking of the "Muslim faith" that others claimed he held.

It really doesn't matter though.

We really don't need to be "afraid" of a Muslim who hides his Muslim faith, and "masquerades" as a Christian. A "Secret Muslim" is powerless.

OK, enough joking, we really don't need to be afraid of any Muslim.

I could contend that we don't need to be afraid, but I think that would be stretching things.

I can think of some things in the next two months that I am afraid of, but that doesn't really matter either.

I'm just going to vote for the person who I think would make a good president.

I hope that enough people think like me.

Peace.

No comments: